2020 certification open now
Welcome to ICG Certification
The ICG Certification uses a four-point rubric.
4 = Clear, consistent, and convincing evidence is apparent.
3 = Clear evidence is apparent.
2 = Limited evidence is apparent.
1 = Little or no evidence is apparent.
Scores of 3 and 4 indicate that accomplished coaching is evident.
Scores of 1 and 2 indicate that less-than-accomplished coaching is evident.
Ranges: When calculating candidate scores for each of the 7 Success Factors, we use these scores ranges:
4 = 3.75-4.25
3 = 2.75-3.25
2 = 1.75-2.25
1 = 0.75-1.25
Candidates receive an overall score between 1 and 4 on each of the 7 Success Factors. We then divide that total from all of the factors by 7 to obtain the overall score. The certification threshold is 2.75.
Candidates may not score lower than a 1.75 on any of the 7 Success Factors to qualify for certification. If they score less than that on a specific factor, then they may resubmit a revised version of that factor as a “retake” to achieve certification.
Each candidate will receive a score report like the one below. Candidates who do not achieve certification and want to retake specific pieces of the process may refer to their report for information on which sections to retake and to see where they can improve.
The Impact Cycle
The coach effectively implements the Impact Cycle.
2. Coach implements the Learn stage.
3.Coach implements the Improve stage.
Overall score for Factor 1: ____
The coach uses a complete instructional playbook to help teachers hit goals.
2. Playbook contains a description of each strategy on the Table of Contents (each strategy description should be no longer than one page). That description includes the purpose of the strategy, a description of research supporting the strategy, what the teacher does when using the strategy, and what students do when using the strategy.
3. Playbook contains sufficient checklists to assist implementing teaching strategies.
Overall score for Factor 2: ____
The coach partners with teachers to set goals through the collection of data.
2. Coach monitors progress with the teacher by using an appropriate tracking form or documentation evidence for each goal.(score)
Overall score for Factor 3: ____
The coach continually engages in improving communication skills, reflects on the use of those skills, and uses the 10 Better Conversations habits.
2. Coach reflects on their communication skills when working with teachers.
Overall score for Factor 4: ____
Understanding Adults and Change
The coach demonstrates an understanding of the complexities of helping and working with adults and interacts with adults in ways that do not engender resistance.
2.Coach demonstrates an understanding of the conditions that engender resistance from teachers.
3.Coach reflects on partnership and how to improve his or her dialogue with teachers.
Overall score for Factor 5: ____
The coach is an effective leader.
2. Coach demonstrates that he or she manages time effectively to ensure that at least 70% of his or her time is spent working on Impact Cycles with teachers.
Overall score for Factor 6: ____
The coach works to foster an appropriate level of support from school or school system leadership.
2. Coach can demonstrate what he or she has done to engage the school or school system in supporting coaching and can articulate the effect that support has had on the coach, teachers, and students.
Overall score for Factor 7: ____
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.