2020 certification open now
Welcome to ICG Certification
November 1, 2020
May 1 – June 15, 2021
Welcome to ICG Certification!
The Instructional Coaching Group is committed to one goal: “that every student will experience excellent instruction, every day, in every class.” We are continually researching what we can do to make that goal a reality. At this point, we believe the best way for that goal to be realized is that schools employ and support instructional coaches who effectively implement the Impact Cycle.
What’s the process?
1. Register for Certification
The registration window for each new, annual candidate cohort is November 1-January 31. Payment can be made via PayPal, credit card, or purchase order.
2. Develop Your Portfolio
The ICG Certification process is a demonstration of current, accomplished coaching practice, so we use a multidimensional portfolio process to evaluate a candidate’s coaching practice.
3. The Scoring Process
Scores for each year’s submitted entries are released October 31. Click the link below to see the scoring and calculation process to help candidates understand their scores.
4. Submit Your Portfolio
The entry submission window each year is May 1–June 15. Candidates will receive directions in advance each year explaining how to submit their written documents and videos when this portal opens during that time.
- be employed full-time as an instructional coach,
- spend 70% of their work time on coaching (versus administrative tasks, testing, intervention, or other non-coaching tasks), and
- submit registration and portfolio requirements by the specified deadlines.
The timeline below is for new candidates registering in 2018 as Cohort 2. (Three-year process)
- Submit any portfolio pieces for 2018-2019 by your portfolio between May 1 and June 15, 2019
- Receive your scores by October 31, 2019
- Submit any remaining portfolio pieces between May 1 and June 15, 2020
- Receive your scores by October 31, 2020
- Submit any retakes for the portfolio between May 1 and June 15, 2021
- ADD: Receive final certification notice by October 31, 2021
Refund Policy: Please note that refunds cannot be provided for this program.